Thursday, September 11, 2008

No reasons to be sad

Today morning I learnt how not to start a Thursday. I hate Thursdays. We have Joseph sir’s class in the first hour (I can’t blame sir , electronics never seemed interesting to me ,never ever).Then it also reminds me of two hours lab on Friday ,Thursday itself ( I hate comp. fun).There are more reasons why I hated today.
Firstly the conductor in the bus scolded me for not giving him exact change .I wanted to throw him out of the bus .But what’s the use in throwing a 120 kilo mountain out of a running bus and harm the public on the road. Then I indulged in some people- watching and started communicating interpersonally.
What exactly do all these people who get up at 5 in the morning and board various busses want in their lives? What makes people go to colleges, offices, schools, jails??????????
Is it money?
Is it fame?
Is it that sense of accomplishment they get by going to the same place every day and doing the same things?
That’s when my newly founded knowledge in mass communication came in handy. Based on the “uncertainty reduction theory” humans strive hard so that they have a routine. They get food on time they get clothes when they need it and people to support them. N o one wants to take risks when it comes to their basic needs .All of us work so hard (depends on the kind of work you do) so that these needs are fulfilled.

Time tables, attendance, working hours, salary, lunch breaks all these things are what most people want to keep them going. That is the basis of the human civilization that we see today. Even holidays and breaks are so structured. But does this theory define happiness. What is happiness????
We spend all our lives listening to the word ,get jealous when others say they experience it, read about it, think about it, what is happiness ,I decided to investigate?
Money is not happiness
It is security and power
Fame is not happiness
It is more of a responsibility instead
Love, family ect. Is also not happiness
They are just relationships
God or religion is also not happiness according to me,

(Ok I’m not trying to sound like a loser here, I’m investigating)
Routines don’t make us happy. They make us work .Dreams make us happy. The belief that when our dreams come true we might become happy itself makes us happy. The promise of a better tomorrow is what makes our today precious. All of us rely in this feeling .I call it the “tomorrow never comes” theory.
In my language it is like this
“I don’t have any reasons to be sad but am I really happy?????”
Thus I happily wasted a useless Thursday MORNING DREAMING

2 comments:

கா.கி said...

we r supposed to be happy with wat we have and wat we r and must try 2 mak it happy--> happier-->
happiest. ther r some instances to get sad and ya, we must get sad... u cant be happy all the time, it starts boring.... wen u overcome ur sadness you'l start appreciating the happiness ... but the reason u appreciate the joy is the sadness u felt before.. so appreciate the sadness too cause it teaches u the value of happiness.. so u can be sad at the same time can be happy abt it... puriyudha???

p.s. (excellent, i blabbered enough to confuse you)

Arvind Natarajan said...

happiness is not the same to everyone swathi.we cant say that the concept of happiness doesnt exist at all just beacause we arent able to relate to it.but we can always say that people are faking or forcing themselves into feeling happy about something...
happiness n sadness, as karthick has said alreadyy, are opposite values and hence are complimentary. so they intensify each other. but one jus needs to realise what happiness means to him/her in order to start being happy. once a person starts realising what he/she wants in life, its done.