Saturday, November 15, 2008

HAPPINESS-IT HAPPEND TO ME

The happiest day of my life or let me say the day I remember to have experienced this distinct feeling of happiness happened when I was about four years old. Happiness is something that most humans strive for. Happiness is elusive .The best thing about this feeling of happiness is that it doesn’t happen every day. Imagine if only good things happened to you in your life, Day after day after day. Then would happiness still be all that great. If happy things happened to you daily then you would start equating happiness with monotony and happiness loses its sheen.I was three years old. My dad was my super man then. He used to have this old scooter on which he used to take me on short rides .so I remember this particular day nothing special happened on that day. It was just our usual scooter ride. But that day somehow still remains etched to my memory. I remember myself as this little kid with a kudumi ,on my fathers scooter .I can still feel the wind on my face, still remember my dad , the scooter mirror ,the speedometer I never had any questions on my mind at that time I felt like a princess. Now I feel that I had really experienced what freedom was on that day I felt like a little birdie. Today I equate happiness to a certain level with freedom.And this other day when I was in Kerala and I stamped elephant dung or the day I saw this huge elephant on the street during an onam procession. I was the only one on the street at that time .I still remember myself running frantically across the street and hitting my neighbors calling bell screaming “aana anna” on seeing the elephant .I dint really know what it was to feel scared at that time. I dint have doubts. I was happy really really happy .At that time, I never realized that these were those small things that people grew up with. The things that really makes us truly happy.

7 comments:

கா.கி said...

saw vaaranam aayiram???

swathi paul(dew drop) said...

yep it was kind of ok i liked the second half.it felt the film was to long

கா.கி said...

u liked the 2nd half but u felt it was too long?? onnume puriyala

AmOrTeNTiA said...

i dunno why babe u always make me smile!! your blogs mak me laugh each time i visit it!!
**the day u stamped elepant dung??**
lol...
but pls write a longgg post madam... i always feel u suddenly cut short such a well written stuff..! n who is this brainy here discussing movies in an exclusive "comment " page of madams commendable blogggg ??

swathi paul(dew drop) said...

well written thanks ya.the one discussing movies is our senior karthik anna(M.sc two years, first year).im really glad that my blog makes you smile.my next target is you im damaging u.you wont smile after you have read my next post.ha ha ha ha (revewnge 4 not giving me chocky 4 ur b'day)

கா.கி said...

@AmOrTeNTiA...
//who is this brainy here...//
im that brainy fellow..
sorry for the disturbance...
(tats really self-hurting ;)

//discussing movies in an exclusive "comment " page of madams commendable blogggg ??//
i thought its a commentable blog...

Karthik said...

Nice post!! Esp that Kudumi lines!!!